Take your leadership practice to the next level.
A program for executive and senior leaders in the specialist family violence, primary prevention and sexual assault sectors, this professional development program puts you at the centre of your leadership journey.
Connect with your purpose as a leader and explore the strengths, demands and opportunities unique to you and your position.
Strengthen your support networks, build relationships with other leaders and work together to understand your common challenges, individual skillsets, and the power of adaptive leadership.
About the program
Using an adaptive leadership framework, this professional development program explores the values, ethics and connection to purpose that drives effective leadership. Our aim is to develop and support inquisitive, reflective leaders with the skills and mindset to make a difference.
Delivery: In person and online.
Duration and commitment: Run over a period of four months, the program includes online learning and five and a half days of in-person workshops.
Fees: Free. While places are valued at $5,400 per person, we are pleased to offer this pilot program at no cost in 2024.
Applications for our next program are now closed.
Lead + Adapt will run twice in 2024. The next program will run over the following days:
Days one and two
Monday 25 March and Tuesday 26 March 2024
Days three and four
Tuesday 23 April and Wednesday 24 April 2024
Days five and six
Wednesday 22 May and Thursday 23 May 2024
Program learning outcomes
- Lead with conviction and authenticity, influencing and engaging others to successfully deliver outcomes for your organisation, sector and the community.
- Approach problems innovatively, with the confidence to experiment more, view challenges differently, and create the space for others to trial new ideas and approaches.
- Strengthen self-awareness, developing insights into your own leadership practice, leadership capabilities, and areas for growth.
- Deepen your support network, connecting with other leaders, creating a shared leadership language and understanding that will support you into the future.
Format and methods
- A small cohort size, allowing for responsive and collaborative learning
- In-person workshops with experienced facilitators and guest presenters
- Access to an online learning hub and resources
- Opportunities for the application of learning in real-world working environments
- Peer learning and peer case consultations
- Individualised development tools and assessments
For executive and senior leaders
Lead + Adapt has been designed for executive and senior leaders in Victoria working to end or respond to family, gender-based and sexual violence.
Leaders with a defined role in whole-of-organisation strategy and goal setting.
If you interact directly with board members, funders or external partners, and you have responsibility for overall strategic direction, top-level decision making, guiding organisational growth, and ensuring long-term success – this program is for you.
Leaders who manage departments, divisions, functions, and specialist areas.
If you’re directly reporting to the executive level, and you have responsibility for managing strategic and operational goals, managing people or teams, holding functional expertise, and measuring and evaluating performance – this program is for you.
The Leadership Program has been developed by Safe and Equal in partnership with Leadership Victoria and Sexual Assault Services Victoria.
Our next program intake is now closed. You can express your interest using the form below to receive an email notification when applications open again in mid 2024.