This interactive panel discussion, recorded during the Safe and Equal Annual Member Forum 2023, explores how resistance is experienced across the continuum from prevention to response.
Resistance and backlash across the continuum is a video of an interactive panel discussion exploring how resistance is experienced across the continuum from prevention to response. The session was held during the Safe and Equal Member Forum 2023.
The session provides an overview on drivers of family and gender-based violence, and forms of resistance, before moving into a panel discussion about experiences of resistance across a range of spaces and the tools and strategies used to address and manage that resistance.
- Belinda O Connor, Rainbow Health Australia
- Linden Deathe, Sexual Assault and Family Violence Centre
- Dr. Adele Murdolo, Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health
- Michael Hail, Jesuit Social Services – The Men’s Project
- Dale Wakefield, GenWest
- Intersectionality Matters – Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health
- Pride in Prevention – Rainbow Health
- Changing the Picture – Our Watch
- Changing the Landscape – Our Watch
- Unpacking the Man Box: What is the impact of the Man Box attitudes on young Australian men’s behaviours and wellbeing? – Jesuit Social Services – The Men’s Project
- Talking about Change – Safe and Equal
- Pride in Prevention Messaging Guide: A guide for communications and engagement to support primary prevention of family violence experienced by LGBTIQ communities – Rainbow Health Australia
- Encountering Resistance: Strategies to respond to resistance to gender equality initiatives – VicHealth